Saturday, March 29, 2014

Burnt Out On Bananas

Banana's were never my favorite fruit, so you can imagine when I discovered that I liked banana ice cream that I was not only thrilled, but surprised.  I don't recall eating that much of it in the last two months, but when I went to have a banana/raspberry ice cream, I was disappointed.

When I think about all of the recipes that are sweet using just fruit and dates (I know dates are fruit, but they are dry) I realize there is a banana sneaked into every one.  I hadn't thought much about it, until everything started tasting like banana.  It really doesn't overpower the dessert, I think I am just sensitive to it.

So I keep wondering if I omit the banana if that will work.  Should I replace the banana with something else?  How about applesauce.  I am going to post it as a Facebook question, as I don't want to waste a bunch of ingredients only to not have it turn out, but then again, I may be willing to do that because, what if I come out with something non banana-ee that tastes great?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment