Friday, December 26, 2014

Why January?

It seems like every year on the day after Christmas I have at least two thoughts that go through my head.  The first thought is "Wow, Christmas has already come and gone!"  I have visions of all the preparation, and anxiety leading up to that day.  The second thought is, "Now I have a huge mess to clean".

If you are thinking like me, you have a few things on your to do list, but you are also thinking about how thankful you are that you have made it through another holiday season and will be happy to get back to a life where sweets aren't jumping in your face every time you turn around.

I have been thinking about why people return to the gym in a more concentrated fashion in the month of January as opposed to other months.  I know part of it is New Years resolution, but I think there is a little more to it than that.

TIME:
Now that the tree is back outside where it belongs, there is no more shopping to be done, and you can get back to sanity, you now realize there might be a little more time opened up in your schedule!

HOLIDAY HELPINGS:
How many sweets did you receive this season?  How many did you bake?  How many did you eat?  What about Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner?  What about all the holiday parties?  These are the thoughts that plague us and ultimately drive us into the gym.

It's continued attendance that eventually becomes a problem.  How do we get to the gym and stay there?  No two people are the same, but there are some similarities in methods to keeping ourselves committed.  The biggest aid to body shaping success is having a goal!

The best kind of goals are S.M.A.R.T goals.

This is a good place to start, and for accountability you can always call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment