Friday, February 6, 2015

I gave in, but I didn't give up.

Have you ever seen that episode on Different Strokes (excuse me while I date myself) where Arnold was sneaking powdered doughnuts and tried to lie about it, but the evidence was all over his face?

Yesterday I was that kid…sort of.

I was struggling in a major way with the weather and just plain being hungry because my body was resisting letting go of some poundage.

 No amount of self talk was working.

  I figured that out when I grabbed the rice out of the fridge, and had a spoon dipped in before I realized what was coming for the weight gain producing hole in my face.

At this point I decided to go with it, log it and face my lumps.  But before that, I was sure to portion it out with a little bit of my vegan refried beans (no oil, only beans, onions, garlic, and spices).  

The day before that, my daughter had earned student of the month and I brought her some individual chocolates.

I was in my car and decided to look in the mirror to see if there was any evidence of the three chocolates I ate.  There was none.

I had to run.  There was no other option.  If I was going to have any defense against the scale this week, I had to get a good calorie burn, because by the end of lunch time I was already down to 299 calories left in my bank :(.

But here are some good things I accomplished.
#1. After blogging earlier this week about binge eating, I decided I probably better not do it.
#2. When my family wanted Taco Bell for dinner, so did I…so.   did.   I.
  I told myself I could go home, and make my own burrito with not only less calories, but WAY less chemicals and no animal products. This made me not put in an order for myself.  And the rule of no eating in the car made the drive home easier.
#3.  I also told myself that Fridays are usually my relax day and that I should just wait it out before splurging because tomorrow we were going to dinner at my favorite restaurant.
#4.  I am accountable to each and every one of you.  Just as you are accountable to me.
#5. A new idea was born!  There is a number that I need to include into the calorie plan for me as well as all of you, it is Calories to Maintain Weight.  If you have a struggle like my day was yesterday, allow yourself to eat your calories to maintain weight for that day.

My hope is that by sharing my struggles, maybe you guys can relate and find a way out of the difficult times, and your mind will become stronger in the defense.  Just as you exercise your body, your mind is equally important.

Big dreams, Big Goals mean Big changes.   Please be conscious of your eating habits.  Please push through the struggles.  Please correct one foul move with 7 good ones.

Sincerely bearing it all,
Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment